Saturday, March 10, 2012

Where Hath you Gone? Day 3 and 4

Okay, so if this is the first time you have viewed you are probably wondering why the hell I look so funny. Well about 3 weeks ago I shaved off my eyebrows. I have loved them ever since. To the left of my text is day 3 without eyebrows. To be honest I think I have way too much fun without my natural eyebrows. One thing people ask about when they see that I have shaved my brows off is "Why?". I think the best reason is to make them see that if you mess up your eyebrows - they are only janky for 2 to 10 minutes where as if they pluck/do something else to their eyebrows - they can be stuck with it up to a month!

My last blog was just a sort of "Okay so you want to shave your eyebrows" thing. This one is the first few days after shaving your eyebrows. At first you will really want to study other people's eyebrows especially if you want to draw yours on. Eyebrows can be hard to draw and take a lot of patience so if you get really nit picky you probably don't want to ever shave your eyebrows. Your eyebrows are sisters, not twins. One formula for almost every eyebrow shape is lines up with your nose. We are going to use our good friend Katy Perry's face. She has these amazing eyebrows perfect for showing you the formula. See how I have gone directly up from the tip of her nostril to show where the eyebrow should start? That is your anchor. Unless you want weird eyebrows and then forget all these rules that I will share. The second line is connecting her nostril and her pupil. This is where the arch of the brow should hit. Somewhere on that line. It doesn't matter how low or high really- everyone has a different eyebrow that looks good on them. The third line lines up the nostril and the corner of the eye. This line is where the brow should end.  These are the basic rules for natural looking brows.  You are going to want natural looking brows at first. They will make you more comfortable with drawing eyebrows and will keep you aware of what shapes really do suit your face.

After getting natural brows down you can choose to do weird eyebrows. I do weird eyebrows on my days off. Using bright colors like I did on day 4 can be a lot of fun. Shaping these weird brows on the other hand can be hard to do. These brows on me are very arched. This means I had to extend the lines a great deal. I also have a word of advice for those who want to draw funky eyebrows especially in weird colors like purple or green. Certain colors will stain your face. I know the purple eyeliner I own stains my face for three days and other red based colors will do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment